Monday, May 15, 2006

1 Wedding and a Funeral

So I had an interesting weekend. Got to go to my friend Aureliano's wedding on Saturday and while it was a really nice wedding I ended up letting my feelings get the better of me and ruin my time there. I gotta say, I'm really not very good at opening up to alot of people. That's one reason why I haven't really been in alot of relationships most of my life, whether they be friendly or romantic. So I'm not exactly practiced at the art of dealing with issues in relationships when they arise. Take for instance the idea of trying to be friends with someone even though you have feelings for them. I thought it was something I could handle, and maybe I could in certain situations, but once the two ideas came into conflict with each other it's obvious which one came out on top for me. And so I ruin my night and I make things uncomfortable for everyone around me at the same time. I just wish sometimes I were better at hiding my emotions, seems like it would make things alot easier. I guess one of the main things I worry about is possibly ruining friendships that I have that really do matter to me all because I can't get over something. They all say it takes time, but I've never been one who has much patience, so it just gets harder for me.

On a positive note, I think if this happened a year ago, I would have plunged into a deep pit of depression and would have had a hard time coming out of it. But because of my own personal growth over the past year I know that this is not the end-all be-all of my life and that things will go on for me. Sure it hurts, but it's good that I can feel that hurt as something coming from the outside and not bubbling up from inside me.

Maymester class starts tomorrow and I should be writing a blog 4 out of the 5 school days of the week. 3 hour classes, woo hoo! The DVD sale has gone pretty well so far, it's just tough trying to keep track of what is going where and when it's going there. In a few days I'll probably lower prices some more to try and get rid of everything, so keep an eye out.

PS. I now know it's really easy to ruin certain music if you listen to it while in a depressed state. Band of Horses was one of my recent favorites but after sitting in a car listening to it for an hour and staring off into nothing I don't really feel like listening to them anymore. Damn you Band of Horses!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Austin, thanks for coming to the wedding. We missed you towards the end, and sorry things got rocky...I'm not really sure of what happened but I know you weren't too happy. Sorry about that, and we all missed you out in the dance floor. We understand you have to do what you have to do though.

oreo

5/20/2006 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home