Friday, May 19, 2006

10th post anniversary, GTFO!

Well, this post was orignally going to be about the insidious nature of video game acronyms and how they have found their way into everyday conversation...but, the SLC computers fucking suck and deleted my whole post! Yup, I was almost finished and I decided to check out something on Google Video (I won't post a link since it will most likely shut me down again) and the computer just restarted. If you've ever used the computers up here then you know how crappy they are, but let me just sum up a few things that go wrong on a daily basis:

1. Screens constantly shutting off and then back on when using Office products or Acrobat.
2. "Tree or Server" errors preventing people from logging on.
3. Random lockups or shutdowns.
4. PDFs take forever to load.
5. Printing in WebCT is basically impossible.

These are just a few of the problems we have, but ones that happen almost everyday. It makes my job easy though because there's really nothing we can do about it. The video cards are shitty, the images loaded on the computer are poorly put together, and WebCT is just a crappy system. So I mainly just get to deal with complaining. Every once in a while I'll get an interesting problem that might take a little while to solve, but for the most part those 5 above take up the majority of my time.

On a positive note, I'm going to check out a house today that sounds perfect. It's only $500 for a 2br/1ba, it's in a decent location, it allows pets, and the guy is giving a bunch of stuff away with it. I get to go take a look at it tonight so hopefully I'll have my fall living situation worked out by tomorrow. Trying not to get my hopes too far up though. Looking forward to the weekend, gonna go use the parents pool for the first time this year, maybe burn a little. See ya back here on Monday. TTYL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home