Friday, June 23, 2006

It's New (used) Car Friday!

So I finally traded cars with Anne, my stepsister, and I couldn't be happier. I honestly think that the situation really works out well for both of us though. She just had a baby recently and needed the space of my Pathfinder and I had been looking for something much more fuel efficient. So when she suggested a couple of months ago that we just trade cars I thought it was a great idea. Of course we had to wait a while to see if insurance would pay for the right side mirror that was knocked loose by a crazy out of control road barrel. But that got taken care of yesterday and we swapped keys last night. I haven't had a fun car to drive since my Porsche almost 3 years ago, so I took my new Accord out for a spin around some back roads. I remember that I used to love just going out and driving sometimes, and got to experience that feeling again last night. There's an exhilarating feeling when you downshift on a hill to pass some slow driver, and you see them in your rear view mirror in seconds. Now I have to get down to the business of personalizing my car; new speakers, iPod mount, new spark plugs, etc etc. I might do alot of that tomorrow rather than head to the pool, my DIY instincts are taking over pretty hard core.

I found out I might have something to do over the July 4th weekend. Natalie, Bram, Leslie, Erin and Natasha are planning to head to Hilton Head for the weekend before the 4th and now I get to tag along. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I'll have to miss class on either Friday or Monday, depending on when we go, and if there's a test in my class on whichever one I would miss I can't go. Fingers crossed though, I'd love to get out of Athens for a little bit of summer break.

Feeling update: Not bad at all, excited about the new car and the prospect of vacation; nothing looming on the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home