Monday, July 17, 2006

Idea of moving=YES!

Actuality=OUCH! Yeah, I started at 11 am on Saturday and 12 hours later I finally had everything transferred from my old place to my new place. At that point I'd gone through 3 shirts, 2 64 oz bottles of Gatorade, and most of my sanity. It's not that I don't really like my new place, it just that I had forgotten what a pain it is to move every little thing you own. But now I'm cableless and couchless for the next few days, so I'm trying to keep myself busy fixing up things around the house. I'm hoping to be able to somehow run my speaker cables under the floor and out of the way, but I'm not sure how much drilling I'll be allowed to do to the floor. All in all though I'm just glad to have a place to call my own now. I'm sure it'll get lonely sometimes, but having the ability to buy my own groceries without having to worry about them being eaten before I even get a chance is worth that small cost.

I did manage to create a few nice little holes in the wall during my first night though. Trying to get a curtain rod to hold drapes and a 90" screen while being drilled into drywall is just a dangerous idea. When I think back on it, I probably should have used 3 mounting brackets...but hindsight is 20/20. I just got in a rush because I felt the desperate need to play NCAA 07! That's right, let the time sink begin! After playing just 2 games I'm impressed, to say the least. Your receivers don't drop the easy passes, defenders will react to a pass and try to knock it down instead of just letting it hit them in the back of the head, and playing defensive line is a viable option again. I need to make some tweaks to the gameplay, but I'm ecstatic to see that they've fixed most of what was wrong with last years game. More to come as we start our season...

Feeling update: tired, but content...

1 Comments:

Blogger oreo said...

My moving day is the 29th so I'll be going through some of the same pains you're going through.
I'll have to come check out your place next time I'm in Athens.

7/17/2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home